Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Since Blog #1...

I am excited about returning back to the blog. The time-lapse has mostly been due to the fact I forgot my password...I have only had one entry, but I feel that is my duty to get into a bloggin habit. I feel that this is my duty because I read many of your blogs, but yet I don't let you into my life in return. Well, if you want to know more about my so interesting life here is your chance!
It is kind of interesting to reflect on the time that has passed since blog numero uno. In only the span of a few short months, my life has changed in numerous ways.This is my life...Since #1:

1) I did graduate, and I am almost two thirds of the way through with graduating again! Graduate school has been quite the experience. My little Christian school bubble has been busted, but no worries I remain as naive as ever!I am enjoying my graduate work at UTA, but man am I pumped this will only last one year. My third and final graduation is planned for May 2006.

2)I am also an intern in Aledo, TX as the school social worker. I am definitely learning a lot-I am getting a taste of the real workforce-minus the pay...

3)I have moved home with mom and dad-big change, but I am so grateful that my parents have tried to make this transition easier on me-they only tuck me in on week nights-j/k! Really, they have been great and rent free.

4)I had and quit my first and most likely only retail job...I loved my time at Ann Taylor, but I pretty much bought all of the cute tops and slacks I need to be a budding professional-so who needs the discount anymore? Ann and I will always have great memories-I still hold the ever so dangerous Ann Taylor credit card (that should probably be cancelled)

5)I am single after a long...long relationship. I thought I knew what was best for my life, but I have learned that only God knows. This is a huge transition, but God has provided peace and blessings-I pray that those continue. I always thought single after college was a scary phrase for an ACU alumni...but I have been so blessed by family, friends, and fun-this could be fun!

6)No more workouts...in the last few months I have been crazy busy with school, work, and broken hearts-I decided it would be a good idea to just forgo the gym-well, not a good plan...I have a membership, but that alone does not burn the calories. Hopefully-five more months from now that will be a different story

7)I got to be a bridesmaid two more times-I am never one to brag, but I am pretty much a pro! Anslee and Jena both had beautiful weddings. I think married people may just flock to me...or at least engaged. I have four precious married friends now, and my best friend and sister-also married and pretty much the best little mama ever!

Well, a lot has taken place since #1...a lot! When being a loser in the library five months ago, I did not foresee all of these life changes and events-but I have survived them! God has been so gracious-who knows what the next five months will hold?!?! I will try and blog before next February-but no promises. One thing that I will promise is that I will continue reading all of your blogs, oh and I haven't been to the library since blog #1 with either!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Cassie said…

    Hooray!! I am so excited to read a new post:) I had so much fun this weekend. Can't wait until our girl trip!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home