Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

'Tis the Season...ALREADY!

I had a meeting last night at work/internship (whatever you want to call it...) and I was pretty pooped as I began my drive home from Aledo back to the big city lights...but oh, my-when I got in the car and turned on the radio-silver bells filled my ears. CHRISTMAS MUSIC...and it is not even Thanksgiving. Oh, I am not complaining-it was a nice way to end a long day. 94.9 KLTY (Metroplex Christian Station) is already playing Christmas tunes all day/all night-all the time from now until the big day. I am sure that between now and December 25th, there will be days I may be a little sick of hearing Jingle Bells, Frosty, O Come all Ye Faithful...and I know you all know the rest-but last night it was great to hear the joy of the spirit Christmas! It was a cool 70 degrees outside-ha!, so I had my windows down to keep me awake on the drive home. I had the music up-windows down. I pulled up to a stop light, and rather than pimpin out my stereo with something like, "my humps"...or "go 'head girl, go 'head get down"...(you know the cool songs that are typically blasting out from a cool persons car-like me) all those stopped at the light got to get down with me, my rolled down windows, and something like "Hark of the Bells...Sweet Silver Bells...ding/dong..." you know the rest. I kind of giggled to myself, rolled up my window, and turned down the tunes. But, then I changed my mind and rolled them back down, and let the spirit of Christmas be heard on the streets of North Richland Hills (it is probably better to pimp(i mean share) Christmas songs than that other trash I unfortunaltely sometimes listen to)...so, i hope you have all found your Christmas stations, and trust me the fun/seasonal music is sure to brighten your day!!! The last song I heard as I drove up to my house (well, my parent's house-the one they let me live in as I mooch off them a little longer:)) was Chipmunk's Christmas song-CLASSIC! I think my sister, brother, and I lived for the Chipmunks Christmas Record (yes record)"Okay, boys...ready Simon? Okay Dave...Ready Theodore? Okay Dave...Ready Alvin...Alvin...ALLLVVVINNNN!!!"
On a side note, I always thought it was a little odd that a grown man had three chipmunk sons?!?! Any thoughts?
As in the words of the Chipmunks...Christmas is a time for joy..oh, and have a great Thanksgiving, too:)

Speaking of Chipmunks...oh, baby JACK! I can't wait to spend Christmas with this little guy:)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home