Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Birthday to Remember...

I had the most amazing weekend!!! I turned the big 23 on Saturday, November 19th. I had such a good time this weekend with family and friends...
Friday I got pampered over a much needed haircut. I got to eat lunch with my beloved grandparents-they are the best! Jack, Christine, and I went to Holiday gift market at church for just a little bit...I always have fun with that baby Jack! My mom and I went and got pedicures and of course my eyebrows waxed...birthdays are made for pampering!
Friday night I was treated to a incredibly fun dinner with the fam. Mom, Dad, Tine, Matt, and Jack (lil bro Brad was MIA) and I ate at the Melting Pot. If you haven't tried it-you must! It is a fondue place, and it is so much fun. We had some incredible cheeses, and then of course the most amazing dessert fondue:) After dinner, I went to the movies as a third wheel of course with Tine and Matt...we had a blast.
YUMMY...chocolate s'more fondue!I mean, really...that plate made all my dreams come true!
Jack preferred a lemon to fondue...silly boy. Check out that sour face. My mom and dad are the best-they made this b-day too much fun! I love you guys:)
(all this happened the day before my birthday!)
On Saturday morning, I was awakened by baby Jack. He spent the night, because his parents went to this marriage seminar thing Saturday-don't worry they are not having marital strife...So Jack stayed with us, and he loved coming in auntie's room early Saturday to say Happy Birthday-well, he tried to say it. We watched some Baby Einstein together in bed and my mom got me some gourmet Burger King breakfast-yummy:) Later that morning, I got ready and headed over to Dallas to pick up my dear friend, Jena Massie. Her and Shawn came in town from Midland, just to wish me a happy birthday...too sweet! Jena and I went to the Galleria and shopped the day away, and we enjoyed some much needed time together. We ate lunch at like my all time favorite place-La Madeline. Jena is such a precious friend. Saturday night, I had a big birthday date...with the Mavericks;) Another one of my precious friends, Kylea, got Mavs tickets and took me along for some birthday fun! We had a great time, and the Mavs basically killed the Pistons. Jena and I at the galleria...the lady taking the picture like gave us information and a history about this Christmas tree...it was funny-if you have any questions just ask!
I love this girl!

Well, I did get a birthday kiss...from a girl.

Oh, Kylea...I pretty much keep this face the whole time we are together. She is a hoot, and well-this is not a good face for me. But there is no doubt fun was had!!!

Well, as you can see my birthday weekend was such a blessing. As we approach Thanksgiving week, I am definitely reminded of all the numerous blessings I have to be thankful for. God has undoubtedly blessed me with a God-fearing family that I take for granted too often. God has also blessed me with so many special and extremely dear friendships. I had so many phone calls Saturday-from my dearest friends and family. Thank you all so much for making this a special birthday! I don't deserve on bit of it!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger christine pinson said…

    you do too deserve a special birthday...i am, however, still deciding if you deserve forgiveness for putting that picture of me on here!

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Jenna said…

    Happy Late Birthday Emily... I love the haircut... You're looking good at 23! :)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Cassie said…

    Em I am so glad your birthday weekend was so amazing! You certainly DO deserve the best ever:) Hopefully I will get to see you this weekend...I will call you:) Oh...and did you get to meet Clay on Sunday? What a hottie:)

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rosalyn said…

    Emily, Sorry I'm so late at wishing you a Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a GREAT one! Rosalyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home