Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Leave of Absence...


Well, I wrote this blog a while ago, and had been saving it for some reason, but then I received a shout out from Cassie demanding an update-so basically this all for my amazing friend Cas, that I never ever see or talk to enough, but we always pick up where we left off...oh, yeah and this is for the rest of you too!

random picture of me and cassie (the one this is for...), and also for the rest of you too....


Okay so I have been a little blog avoidant lately, and I am sure that has just broken many of your hearts...My mysterious blog disappearance has been due to many factors...some of the things include: a garage sale, a man, 3 of the most complicated term papers in my life, weekend getaways, family time, a crossover to myspace, oh, and did I mention that man?!?!
so, i apologize to my multitudes of blog subscribers, but atleast I left you with pictures of Jack to look at for the last month!

SO, my life is so full right now of overflowing gifts from God. He has blessed me in so many unexpected and unimaginable ways-but that is the God that we serve! The blessings are in the little things and in the big. God has poured out his gifts, and I hope now I can serve Him and bring honor to Him in my acknowledgement of those blessings. The good things in my life are as follows (in no particular order and the list is in no way exhaustive, otherwise you would be here all day reading...

-I am about 52 days away from graduating from graduate school...if only all these papers, tests, and projects would get done...hard to get done, when I am blogging and not working...but I am so close to the end!

-I am in a relationship that has been a direct gift from God. Clay is an amazing man of faith. We are having so much fun together, and I am continually baffled as to how I got this lucky. ...this is a blog all its own...or, Cas-just a really long phone conversation:)

- I have the absolute best family in the world. My parents are so giving and encouraging, my siblings are my best friends in the world, and I have the cutest nephews ever! I could keep going with the extended family...i am a lucky girl!

-I am confident that God has some great post-graduation plans for me. I am learning patience and faithfulness right now. I have a lot more to learn

- I am reading Beth Moore's A Heart Like His right now- it is great.

- I am so encouraged and in awe of my friends. How did I get to be friends with some of the most amazing Godly women?!? I am uplifted by old friendships and precious new ones.

-I love spring time! It is a time of growth, sunshine, beauty, and color- I love it!

-I have been blessed through conversations with a lot of meaning-that is always fun, and I have also been blessed with the gift of belly-aching, knee-slappin times of laughter

-I have made some special friends at UTA. I have only been there a few short months, but I have met some amazing social work professionals and I have been challenged in my faith!

-I have the cutest puppy ever. okay, so mollie is no longer a puppy at the young age of nine, but she is so cute!

-I am blessed to be with someone who values family in the extreme way I do...family is such a gift

-I am finally kind of going to the gym...there is definitely room for improvement, but i love the time i spend taking care of body and clearing my mind

-I have learned a great deal from my internship, and I don't doubt for a second God wanted me to be here in Aledo this year

- two of my roommates from last year are getting married to Godly men this summer, and the third roommate that got married last summer is having a baby of her own...oh, my Griffith girls!

-I am full of joy and desire for the Lord, and I am so unworthy of these gifts...

...doesn't sound like too much is going on when you make a list of it, but my life is so full right now, and God is moving and doing so much!!!

I love you, Cas...and the rest of you too, of course:)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Cassie said…

    Thanks for updating:) You're the best!! I am glad to hear everything is still so wonderful and that you are camped out on Cloud 9 (not the trashy strip bar in Abilene)...We need to talk...soon...

    We found out last week that we will be in Birmingham for at least 6 weeks of the summer. We still aren't sure about the rest!

    Love you...

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger JENNY said…

    your post makes me happy!! Blessings to you!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger mcjacobsjournal said…

    What fun news from your world, Emily! I am excited to hear about the man, the job, the great summer you will enjoy being DONE with grad school (i remember that well!)... and I'm sure I'll get a good update from Cas about all of it. :)

    I'm so glad to hear that God is blessing you with so many answered prayers. Best of luck in the last few months of grad school too!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    "two of my roommates from last year are getting married to Godly men this summer, and the third roommate that got married last summer is having a baby of her own...oh, my Griffith girls!"

    Woah woah woah! Update further, please! :)

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Rosalyn said…

    Emily, It sounds like things are going so great for you and I"m excited about it all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home