Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Bandwagon...well, I am on it

...yes it is true. I have become a serious Francine Rivers addict. I am officially like a few years behind on every "trendy" thing there is...well, it took me long enough to pick up a Francine Rivers book, and let me tell you I can not put them down! It is almost like Christian "cliche" to love her books, but I am no poser-this is the real deal! If you haven't read them-read them...and if you have read them-well, start praying she writes some more. I started of course with Redeeming Love, moved quickly to The Atonement Child, next it was The Scarlet Thread, then followed by Leota's Garden...I just couldn't put them down. Well, I knew my grandma would love them too, so we started sharing the books-like our own little Grandma and Emily book club. I have loved sharing these books with her! For my birthday, way back in November, and for Christmas, my Grandma and Poppa gave me the first two books in the Mark of the Lion Series, A Voice In the Wind and An Echo in the Darkness. Well, since I am a big nerd-school was taking over my life, and it was everything I could do to stay focused on my school assignments and leave good old Francine alone. I was so pumped when I finished my wintermester class, and you know what I did right after finishing a reading/writing intensive course-I picked up the Mark of the Lion Series. Okay, I took out these two books in no time! I stayed up till 2 and 3 in the morning to find out what would happen...

These books have greatly impacted my life! She is such a gifted writer-and her purpose for these books is to share her faith and the faith of so many through amazing stories! I can't wait to start the final book in the series, and then read the rest of Rivers' collection! I encourage you to all read these books-I am sure most of you have-reading these books is a great pleasurable activity that also stirs your faith and keeps your mind on GOD! I can honestly say these books have challenged me in my walk. so yes, my name is Emily and I am a Francine Rivers addict! I still gotta a lot more Rivers to read, too!

Well, on another nerdy note...school started up again! My last semester, I think, if I survive...why do I do this to myself? I am in a women and family policy class, social work in schools class, psychodynamics (who takes a class, when the name of the class is over your head?!?!), my integrative seminar(like a thesis paper), and my Aledo internship. It is good to be back in Aledo! This semester should be interesting, but I will be glad when it is all said and done!...

...then I can just read some good Christian Fiction compliments of Francine Rivers, oh yeah and get a job...

7 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Chelsie Sargent said…

    I hear you on the books- I am addict too- I think I read all her books in about 4 months- they are all great!

    Enjoy reading-
    Chelsie

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger JENNY said…

    I love her books, too. I couldn't stop reading once I started!!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Fracine Rivers is my all time favorite writer. It is a good thing that you started with Redeeming Love, because in my opinion, it is the best. Followed closely by the Mark of the Lion series. Isn't Hadassah an incredible character. She is one of my favorites in all of literature.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger mcjacobsjournal said…

    I, too, am a Francine addict. She has an incredible gift for making these biblical characters come alive to me. I have never thought of the story of Hosea or the five women in Jesus' lineage the same....by the way, I would recommend those next! She has five novellas about the women in Jesus' geneology....amazing!

    I look everytime i'm at the bookstore for something new from her. Can't wait!!

    So, good luck with school this semester...and have fun reading!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Hey Em! Ghettosons (love that name by the way) is actually not too bad. Sorry I didn't go to church tonight...my mom and I went out to eat which was good...lata!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Cassie said…

    Leave it to my sister to sound all
    intelligent:) She loves her books!!

    She actually got me addicted to good ole Francine...and the women in Jesus' lineage is a GREAT series...she is in the process of Biblical men as well (I think the prophets or something like that...) I hear they are great...

    See you soon:)

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    emily-it was good to see you this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home