Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Tomorrow may be Friday the 13th, but it also happens to be my dad's BIRTHDAY! Roy Tyndall is the best dad I know, and he deserves the best birthday. Have you ever seen the movie Big Fish? Well, that guy-with all the adventures-that reminds me of my dad...except my dad keeps a lot more to himself. Partly, because we don't give him too many opportunities to talk-he is in a family of loud mouths...well, DAD I hope you have a great day tomorrow and I am so often amazed by the life you have led, the man you are, and the great example and impact you made on all of us as our dad...thanks dad....and now, as one of the family loud mouths I will tell you about my dad:
My dad is a....
*I-HOP lovin'
*hard-workin'
* father of five
*referee substitute from the stands
*Vietnam Veteran
*Carolina Boy
*text twist king
*grandpa of five precious boys
*polo wearing after-shave man
*retired guy...still working
*joke telling funny man
*exUNC cheerleader
*leader to the family
*sacrificial man
*army helicopter pilot
*hamburger lovin'
*I only need two pairs of shoes kinda guy
*senior citizen
*dog whisperer (we think...)
*generous man
*heart-attack survivor
*constant encouragement and coach
*God-fearing man
*Verizon/GTE retired salesman
*uncle to so many that love him
*lefty
*missionary to all around
*defensive driver to the max
*fishin' fool
*devoted and supportive husband
*cheering fan
*conservative democrat?
*guy that can be cute and grumpy at the same time
*man of faith
*coke drinker
*dad that doesn't get the recognition he always should
***YEAR OLDER...you can just guess his age, ok?

This list is random, silly, and does not do my dad justice. He has been through so many hard times and good times- and my dad has not only pushed through them all but been an amazing example to others...my dad is the kind of dad that turns a girl like me into a daddy's girl! Well, dad, Happy Birthday. We'll have some coke, peanut m&ms, and play a game of around the world for old times sake, and then we can go on a drive to I-HOP and I won't even get my Emily attitude when you tell me all the driving mistakes I made on the way!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD...and dad quit being too cool-get a blog-everyone's doing it, pops!

(classic pictures of dad and mom in some classic 70s threads, dad as a brave soldier(looks like Brad), and dad and us on the Carolina beaches...oh, tine I wish we still looked that good in a bikini...)

8 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Krishna Menon said…

    Well Emily!!

    Happy B'Day to ur dad.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger christine pinson said…

    yeah, brad, why didn't you tell me that you were in the army? you look just like that handsome devil we call dad...em, we were cute in those bikinis, but wow that would be scary right now! (for me, of course, not you!)
    mom was so hot and tiny back then...why don't i look like that?! oh well, i have addressed everyone except who this post is really about...happy birthday to the best dad...we love you!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger christine pinson said…

    oh yeah, and when are you going to introduce us to your new friend?

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger JENNY said…

    How sweet, Emily. Your dad seems like an amazing man!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Oh my goodness...the "Looks Like Brad" picture is creepy! Are you sure you haven't become a photoshop expert in the last few months and just made that picture from one you already had of Brad?

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Cassie said…

    You have a new friend?? You better be telling me everything...

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Hey Emily! This is Emily Vaughn!! I thought I would grace you with a 'hello!' Oh and after the online blog conversation at Chili's the other night I decided to completely switch to blogspot haha and we seemed to both pick the same page colors...it must be an emily thing!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Me said…

    hey i fixed my profile so that you can get to my blog now! it was good hanging out with you today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home