Emily's Blog

child of God, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, and grad student

Monday, January 09, 2006

...bring May Flowers

Lately, my thoughts have been overwhelmed with wondering about what is next in my life...we have all been guilty of this sense of urgency to know our life plan and this fairy tale hope of somehow seeing into the future. I experienced all of these same feelings last year about this time, as I was beginning my last semester at ACU. I can remember the "what will I do in May, ahhh...thoughts"?!? Well, May came and everything was fine-more than fine-but I didn't know any of that in January. I had few, if any, plans of graduate school in January 2005-and a year later I have almost completed graduate school.

As I begin my final semester of grad school, the same thoughts are once again bombarding me. I find myself with all of these seemingly lofty life plans for the future...oh you want to know some of my thoughts? Well, a cruise would be nice (short-term plan ofcourse), moving far far away (which is odd, because I am a crazy home body-but I think I need to live on my own a little), doing mission work (well, that could be anywhere-anywhere is a mission field), finally getting my social work license (ewww...a test...), cutting off my long hair (not really a life altering plan, but not a thought you can just ignore, either), getting a job (you know, networking, applying, interviewing...nervousing!) okay...okay...boring list-but enough to make my thoughts swim. And the things that are ahead of me are possibly not even on this wimpy list.

Well, I am totally assured in my faith that I don't need to know my plans for "May," and God has never let me down! I am in deep prayer about what these current showers in my life will be bringing, but I am also challenged with the task of not dwelling on the future. So, I will enjoy this last semester as a student (and this time I mean last semester as a student...ever...I think), this time rooming with the parents, and being blessed by having those I love the most near by. I pray that I can hear God leading me, and I can not wait to see the beautiful garden He has sown for me, and I will be His worker...

guys, this whole thing may be a cheesy metaphor...but just let me go with it, okay? I just know that if blogs are still "in style" next year at this time, I will have been blessed with His plans for me in 2006, but will still be wondering and blogging about 2007...Lord, calm that desire in me and use me where you need me!


My parents gave me this apartment finder magazine for Christmas...that might have to be in the plans-I think it is in the parents plans...just kidding, they love me and I them! They didn't give it to me for Christmas...Brad gave it to me for a laugh, so ha, ha, ha! Give it a few more years, and he will be back with the parentals too.



2005 brought this little miracle...Picture...my newest little nephew, Logan Tyndall, and my dad! My parents went to South Dakota to see him and the rest of the family over Christmas...he is so special and so prayed over!






5 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Chelsie Sargent said…

    Emily- thanks for sharing your thoughts! I will join you in prayer and ask God to continually give you guidance and direction with your future.

    Dream Big!!

    -Chelsie

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Cassie said…

    Oh Emily...why do we have to be so much alike?? :) I, too, wonder continuously about the future. It is so hard to just let life come and enjoy the moments. Kind of cheesy, but I heard "These are the days..." last night on the radio and it really hit me. It says " don't let your life pass you by..." and I was like...that's ALL I do...waiting for the next moment so much that I miss the present memories. That wasn't really written for you but for me..sorry about that:) But I do know the Lord has amazing plans for you. Believe it or not...I pray all the time that he will bless you and guide you. Just yesterday I was asking that you would be given someone beyond your wildest dreams...and the best part is, I know He will answer that prayer! I love you and love going through life with you.

    If you need somewhere REALLY far away--Austin is a great city:) Oh yeah--and a cruise sounds fun (can I be invited??)

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Cassie said…

    One more thing...I don't only pray about your amazing husband...I just included that:)

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    I get the "I just need to move far away" feeling too. I'm actually taking baby steps and applying random places all over the country for internships (I say baby steps because 1. I can chicken out if I want still and 2. Its just the summer...more like a trial run) Lets move somewhere far away together...then we won't have to be totally by ourselves!!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger ewall said…

    emily, thanks for sharing your heart on this--i understand and still feel many of the feelings you've talked about! I'm excited to hear about where God will lead you too! thanks for being an encouragement--

     

Post a Comment

<< Home